These are discussions designed to encourage open questions and conversations about inclusion and special needs. They are led by both the KIoC members and coaches and should be initiated every class. Not only do these types of discussions encourage the inclusion of people who have different challenges and strengths, but they also address the positive and negative interactions or situations that can and will arise in the classes. The goal is to create as much inclusion as possible during the class that can translate into other aspects of these children’s lives.
- Change negative perceptions about special needs
- Practice appropriate question asking
- Practice appropriately answering these questions
- Encourage curiosity and empathy
- Point out similarities and strengths
- Brainstorm or suggest ways participants can interact with all participants